Code of Conduct on School Buses
In order to ensure the safety of all bus passengers, the School District's Rules and Regulations for the Maintenance of Public Order on School District Property shall be applicable to
conduct on school buses. In addition, the following rules for conduct on school buses shall be enforced:
1. Students should be at the bus stop at least ten minutes before pick up time.
2. Students must wait at the side of the road in an orderly manner until the bus comes to a complete stop and the flashing red lights go on.
Students who have to cross the road to board the bus, must wait for the red lights to be flashing and for a signal from the bus driver
3. Students shall enter the bus in orderly fashion, go directly to a seat, and remain seated until the destination is reached.
Seat restraints are recommended.
4. Students must keep all parts of their bodies inside the school bus.
5. Students are expected to use appropriate language and to be respectful to the bus driver, monitor and fellow classmates.
6. There shall be no shouting, roughhousing, or throwing of objects on or out of the bus.
7. All articles such as athletic equipment, books, and musical instruments must be kept out of the aisles and out of seats needed by other students;
all such articles must be controlled by the owner in order to avoid slippage which would interfere with passage to and from seats.
8. The emergency door, windows, and fire extinguisher must be used for emergencies only.
9. To safe guard health and safety, eating, handling food, and carrying open packages of food are prohibited on school buses.
10. There shall be no smoking, drinking of alcoholic beverages, or use of illegal substances by any person at any time on school buses.
11. On disembarking, pupils who must cross the street at a bus stop shall not do so until they receive a signal from the bus driver.
When crossing a street, it shall always be done in front of the bus and far enough ahead of the bus (ten feet) so that the driver may
adequately observe the students. The driver shall stop the bus with warning lights flashing until the crossing has been completed.
12. All directions given by the bus driver or monitor are to be followed. If they are not, the bus driver shall report incidents of student
misbehavior to the Principal of the school that the student attends.